The Haitong strictly complies with the legislation on the Prevention of Money Laundering, and implemented internal procedures to identify and prevent transactions with characteristics of money laundering.
The Haitong has a Policy on Money Laundering Prevention (MLP), which provides for:
• Dissemination, among all employees, of a culture of preventing money, through the distribution of materials and regular training;
• Delegating responsibilities in the activities of MLP within the Bank in Brazil;
• Ensuring compliance with the legislation on money laundering;
• Continually monitoring clients and their operations, through a computerized system that issues alerts, according to their previously configured execution;
• Centralizing the analyses of money laundering prevention to the Compliance Department, and any notices to the regulatory bodies (though SISCOAF);
• Referring suspected cases to the Compliance Committee, the forum for discussions and decisions on the subject.