The Haitong strictly complies with the legislation on the Prevention of Money Laundering, and implemented internal procedures to identify and prevent transactions with characteristics of money laundering.
The Haitong has a Policy on Money Laundering Prevention and Financing to Terrorism (MLPFT), which provides for:
• Disseminate, among all employees, of a culture of preventing money laundering, through the distribution of materials and regular training;
• Delegating responsibilities in the activities of MLPFT within the Bank in Brazil;
• Ensuring compliance with the legislation on Money Laundering and Financing to Terrorism;
• Continually monitoring clients and their operations, by a computerized system that issues alerts, according to their previously configured execution;
• Centralizing the analyses of money laundering prevention to the Compliance Department, and any notices to the regulatory bodies (through SISCOAF);
• All suspected cases are referring to the Compliance Committee, forum for discussions about all the issues and deliberation.